- Myths and misconceptions about evolution - Alex Gendler:
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? Are they true or false?:
- Everything is an adaptation produced by natural selection
- Natural selection is the only means of evolution
- Natural selection leads to ever-greater complexity
- Evolution produces creatures perfectly adapted to their environment
- Evolution always promotes the survival of species
- It doesn’t matter if people do not understand evolution
- “Survival of the fittest” justifies “everyone for themselves”
- Evolution is limitlessly creative
- Evolution cannot explain traits such as homosexuality
- Creationism provides a coherent alternative to evolution
- Evolutionary theory leads to racism and genocideReligion and evolution are incompatible
- Evolution cannot be disproved so is not science
- Evolution is an entirely random process
- Darwin is the ultimate authority on evolution
- Digging for humanity's origins - Louise Leakey: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/digging-for-humanity-s-origins-louise-leakey#watch
“Feral" means wild or existing in a natural state. Feral children are those who have been abandoned or lost in the wilderness and have spent a significant amount of their formative years there. These child have lived without any direct human contact and often with the aid of wild animals who have adopted them into their groups. Though there are many legends of feral children, only a few cases have been documented and verified.
Over the centuries, stories of feral children have intrigued many people - especially scientists and educators - for possible clues as to the effect of socialization on language and communication skills, learned aspects of human behavior and development and the true nature of humans.
2. Treasure hunt.
3. Watch the video. Listening.
4. Interactive game: http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?id=68107
Marcos Rodriguez Pantoja: Did this man live with wolves? By Laura Plitt BBC Mundo, Spain.
Who was Peter the Wild Boy? By Megan Lane BBC News Magazine.
- Secrets of the Wild Child 1
NATURE VERSUS NURTURE.
Material de trabajo.
Click to set custom HTMLCOPIAR
On this padlet we will upload the videos created by 1st Bachillerato Students to discuss the philosophical debate of Nature vs Nurture: